* He and his brothers were exposed at an early age when the parents took them to Shearing Speedway in 1953 and 1954. This fascination with the sport continued from 1955 to 1971 as he was an avid spectator both at Western Speedway and throughout the Pacific Northwest in later years.
* He and his three brothers purchased a stock car in 1972. Brother Al drove and he became crew chief. They were 6 th in points and won the rookie of the year award.
* 1973 saw an 11 th place finish in VITRA Stock Car points. He also crewed for Gary Kershaw on the IDC circuit.
* They won nine Main Events including the Roy White Memorial; set the track record and finished 2 nd in Stock Car points in 1974.
* In 1975 they bought Rick O'Dell's ‘63 Plymouth Super Stock and finished 7 th in points. He also crewed for Rick O'Dell at NASCAR and IDC events. He also set up a Daytona 500 tour for 1976 and continues to do so to this day.
* 1976 saw the team finish 9 th in VITRA points and he was elected a club Director.
* Became VITRA president in 1977 and was instrumental in creation of the Island Series for Stock Cars and Super Stocks. Was voted VITRA Member of the Year.
* In 1978 and 1979 he again doubled as a car owner and president of VITRA.
* 1980-85 saw him organizing tours, sponsoring trips for track champions, etc. and continued these various sponsorships until 2002.
* In 1986 he again became a car owner for his son Lance driving a VITRA bomber car. He assisted Lance to a 9 th place in points in 1987, followed by a 4 th in 1988. They also raced at Port Angeles , Tenino, Monroe and Roseville , Cal. tracks.
* He and brother Roger bought a Super Stock in 1989 and converted it into a Pro Stock, racing at Western and the Fall Classic at Yakima . In 1990 and 1991, he helped Lance race the International Pro Stock series and the CanAm Late Model series in the Northwest. They ventured to Kalispell , Montana and won the Montana 200 in 1991.
* Joined forces with brothers Roger and George to field a team for Lance to compete in the Winston West series of NASCAR from 1992 to 1999. They even tried to qualify for the Brickyard 400 NASCAR race at Indianapolis .
* From 2000, he is still very active in Motorsports as he continues to arrange tours to Daytona and Phoenix , as well as being an avid spectator all over the Northwest.