* Dick began his racing career in the 1940's in Victoria.
* He has driven almost every type of oval track race car that competed during his long and successful history.
* Dick made the top ten in points for seven years in a row commencing in 1955.
* In 1955 he won the Championship Race, was awarded the Best Looking Car trophy and ended the year second in total points.
* Although he nearly demolished his car in the first race of the year, he still rebounded to finish the year in 5th place. Again 5th in 1957.
* 1958 saw Dick team up with Grant King. He won a record purse of $177 on May 19th. He was also awarded the Popular Driver honours and received a $100 wrist watch. He ended the year sitting second in total points.
* Dick won the 40 lap Gold Cup race, Popular Driver and Best Looking Car awards in 1959.
* Even though he did not compete in Nanaimo for Island points, he still finished the 1960 season in 4th place. He won the Most Main Events trophy (winning events in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th weeks and the 8th and 9th weeks).
* Dick ran the Kersey Car for Grant King for the fourth year and finished in 4th position in the final points.
* When his name is mentioned, most people remember Dick for the many thrilling races he provided to the fans while driving Grant King's GMC "Jimmy" powered Stock Car.
* Before retirement, Dick drove a B-Modified car for Bob Vantreight in 1964.
* Dick had always made an impression with the fans as well as his fellow competitors.