* His father was a motorcycle fanatic and he and his brothers were all riding bikes by the age of three. They also had a yard full of cars and a track in the yard. By the time he was eight in 1965, his love of racing had developed as he had his own car to race in the backyard dirt track.
* In the mid 1970's, he entered and competed in some total destruction demolition derbies.
* He got involved in Stock Car racing in Nanaimo in 1979 and won the rookie-of-the-year title.
* He then became a mechanic for three years at Victoria 's Western Speedway , wanting to learn how to put the race cars together before driving them. During this period of time, he built a roadrunner class of car for his brother Steve to drive.
* In 1986, the brothers purchased a 1970 Chevrolet Nova Stock Car and he got back behind the wheel to produce three consecutive class championships.
* 1986 Awarded Stock Car Driver of the Year; Mechanic of the Year; Best Appearing Stock Car; Championship Race winner; and season Points Champion.
* 1987 Won the Billy Foster 100; July Cup; Corby Cup; Stock Car Special Event; Championship Race; and was again Points Champion.
* 1988 Won the July Cup; Corby Cup (6 Mains); Driver of the Year; Points Champion.
* 1990 Moved up to CanAm Pro Stock class. Won races at Prince George ; Quesnel; Ephrata and the Pay Less 150 at Western Speedway . Was 2 nd in points for the year.
* 1991 3 rd in overall CanAm Late Model points.
* 1992 Competed in CanAm series at Western, Saratoga , Port Angeles and Spanaway and was crowned the Champion.
* 1993 Joined the Northwest All Stars Tour. Raced at Spanaway, Ephrata, Stateline, Wenatchee and Victoria in this 13 race series. Won the Gillette-Thrifty Foods 200 at Western Speedway (also won this race in 1994).
* 1995 Ran the Late Model Super Stock class. Set Track record at Victoria at 16:48 and was 3 rd in the 200 lap Main Event.
* 1996 Third in Late Model Super Stock overall points.
* 1997 May 28 th set fast time and 2 nd in the Main; July 25 th -3 rd in American 200 at Tenino; Won the 200 lapper in Victoria and was the series Points Champion (he led the points race all season).
* 1998 Competed in the Northwest International Racing Association 7 race series at Western, Saratoga, Yakima and Tenino. May 30 th set fast time and 2 nd in the Main; won a 100 lap race in Calgary in June; followed up with a win at Western two weeks later; was 2 nd in the Thrifty Foods 200 and ended the season 5 th in total points.