* In 1948, he drove the Chuck House #25 car, the #6 Dalby Special and came 3 rd in the Labour Day finale at Langford Speedway .
* In the opening race of 1949, he set 2 nd fast time, was 2 nd in the dash and won his heat.
* On May 16, 1950 , he drove Grant King's car to a 5 th place at Portland . The following week he was 3 rd at Langford and again July 5 th . He won the race on July 30 th . During the year he also travelled weekly to Digney Speedway to compete in midget races. He was always near the top, scored a clean sweep on June 7 th and ended the year as points champion (which he again did in 1951).
* At the June 1, 1953 Big Car meet at Shearings Speedway, he won the dash, the heat and was second in the Main . He won his heat and the main on July 2 nd and scored a clean sweep at the final race on Oct. 13 th .
* Scored many top three finishes in 1954. Won at Western Speedway on June 6 th , July 18 th , Aug. 1 st and was 2 nd in the Sept, 13 th Western Canada Big Car Championships.
* Won the Main at Western on Aug. 28 th, and scored a clean sweep on Sept. 25 th , winning the 1955 Western Canada Big Car Championships.
* Won the Main at Western on July 8, 1956 .
* In 1959, he became the president of a newly-formed Go-Kart association racing at Island View Beach . He won the first race on July 14 th .
* He posted second place finishes in the dash, heat and main event at the Sept. 4 th , 1960 B. C. Sprint Car Racing Championship.
* He drove his own Ranger-powered roadster in 1961. He won the last Big Car race to be held at Western Speedway on July 29 th .
* In 1962, at the age of 33, he moved up, passed his USAC rookie tests and entered the Indianapolis 500 race, joining teammates Roger Ward and Len Sutton. Unfortunately, his chance to qualify were shattered when he was struck in the goggles by a bird while on a practice run at 140 mph. After recovering, he ran the Centennial 100 modified race in Victoria , setting a track record and winning the Saturday race.
* In 1963, he again returned to Indy, but lack of funding forced him to turn the City of Victoria Special car over to Johnny Rutherford. During his USAC years, he made appearances at DuQuoin, Syracruse, Trenton , Milwaukee and Phoenix , but his best finishes were an 11 th and a 12 th .