* He became involved in the sport of Auto Racing at Western Speedway in the 1960's.
* First competitive season as a driver was in 1968 when he won the Stock Car Mid-Season Championship Race.
* 1970 saw him drive his stock car to a 4th place finish in the season points. He also won the N.W. Insurance Agencies Trophy and was voted the Best Appearing Stock Car.
* In 1973 he ran in the Claimer division and finished in the top 10. He also competed with a 1965 Beaumont in the Super Stock class.
* 1974 was a banner year as he set a Track Record
for the Claimer class, won the Championship Race and was crowned as season
points champion. He competed in the final Demolition Race of the year
and won in front of 3,740 fans. He also won the
* In 1977 he was the total destruction feature race winner and also got the best appearing car award.
* 1978 saw him again get the best appearing car award as well as the best performance award in the demolition feature.
* After racing on a limited basis, he became President of the Vancouver Island Stunt and Demo Drivers Association (VISDDA) in 1985. He also became the point champion for the Demo Car class that year.
* He continued as club President in 1986 and was instrumental in forming the Demo Truck Racing class. He built and drove a truck and won the most main events (4). He was also voted Member of the Year. He again served as President in 1987.
* In 1988, the club changed its name to the Lower Island Track Racing Association (LITRA). He was the driving force behind the creation of the $299 Claimer class.
* He again resumed the President's role in 1989 and 1990. He was awarded the LITRA Member of the Year award in 1990.
* 1991 saw him receive the ultimate club achievement with the awarding of a Lifetime Membership. At year end a perpetual trophy, the Madden Cup, was presented to the LITRA Claimer Champion.
* He resumed the Presidency of LITRA in 1995 and 1996, becoming a 7-time Club President. Also in 1996, he restored the 1957 Chev Stock Car formerly driven by Art Reedy, and donated it to the Victoria Auto Racing Hall of Fame.
* Since 1996, he has been involved with the International Mini Stock 4's class. He is crew chief on Sharon Constantine's race car.
* He was given the IMS4's Pit Member of the Year award in 2000 and will serve as the club's Vice-President in 2001.