* He gained experience as one of the top race drivers on the Oyster River Raceway located just north of Courtenay, B. C.
* His real prominence in racing began in 1973
when he made his NASCAR debut at the age of 32. They purchased the Gary
Kershaw car and ran throughout the Northwest.
* He was 2nd at the Carling Challenge race June
17th at Langley followed by a 7th place finish in Victoria the following
week. He was 2nd fast and was 4th in the
* 1974 saw him compete in the NASCAR Western Grand National Victoria 150 race where he qualified in 4th position in a stellar field of international stars.
* A summary of the 1975 season saw him get a
3rd place finish in the May 31st Carling Opener in Victoria. The next
Carling race in Victoria saw him finish 4th. He then
* 1977 was his greatest season. He drove the
Island Racemasters '74 Nova. The car was owned by John Edgett, Phil Bickle
and George. Harvey Chipper was the team manager with Dave Smith and Jim
Tweedhope the builders, mechanics and crew. The Carling Opener saw a 10th
place finish after running 2nd and getting spun out.
* George gained prominence throughout the Pacific Northwest as he competed at the various tracks and was always a top contender wherever he appeared.