* Jim's involvement with the sport of Auto Racing began at Victoria's Langford Speedway in the 1940's.
* He was one of the enthusiasts who helped Andre Cottyn build Western Speedway and bring in big time auto racing back to Victoria.
* Jim provided the wrecker service to the track in the late 1950's and early 1960's.
* His Auto Wrecking yard which was located in near proximity to the Speedway was a haven for racers looking for that elusive part. It was also a great meeting place for out of town racing personalities such as Del Fanning from Seattle.
* Jim's involvement with the sport included car owner, sponsor and crew member for many cars.
* Jim was most notably connected with the late
Billy Foster. Billy drove Jim's 1933 Stock Car, then a Modified Sportsman
car. Jim then joined Billy as he
* Jim was honoured by the Vancouver Island Track Racing Association (V.I.T.R.A.) with a Life Membership. This award is not given out lightly.
* He was also a member of the Golden Wheels Fraternity.
* In later years, Jim was involved with the career of his son, Roy, who established himself in stock cars, super stocks and open race car classes.
* Jim passed away on October 14, 1985. He left
behind a legacy of memories and a family that is still committed to the
sport. Wife Lorraine, son Roy and