* Ron attended his first race in 1932 at a racetrack in Nanaimo.
* In 1935, he became the Safety Inspector for the British Columbia Automotive Sports Association (B.C.A.S.A.).
* Ron became the Sectetary for the group that sanctioned the races at Victoria's Langford Speedway in 1937.
* In 1946, Ron took on the duties of Starter at Langford Speedway.
* Ron was one of the persons who attended the meeting to form the Vancouver Island Track Roadster Association in 1948. The offshoot of this organization, the Vancouver Island Track Racing Association (V.I.T.R.A.) is still sanctioning races at Western Speedway.
* As well as being the Official Starter, Ron became the club President in 1954.
* Ron served in many club capacities over the year. He was also the official timer and scorer in the track control tower. Ron displayed his technical skills and abilities by building an electronic timing device which proved to be very accurate and concise.
* In 1966, Ron became one of the shareholders in the Western Speedway 1966 Ltd. that purchased the track from Andre Cottyn.
* He is currently the President of the Victoria Chapter of the Golden Wheels Auto Racing Fraternity.
* At this time also, he is the official starter for the Old Time Racers Association (O.T.R.A.) and is a crowd-pleaser with his criss-cross main event introduction parade laps.