* 1961 - Worked as crew member on his father Jim's modified which was driven by Billy Foster.
* Roy began driving Jalopy Class race cars partway through the 1965 season.
* Racing in Nanaimo in 1966, Roy was named VITRA Driver of the Year and finished the season in 7th spot in points.
* 1967 - Roy was Stock Car points champion. He won the Roy White Memorial, the Billy Foster 100 and the Corby Cup (most Main Events - 5).
* In 1968, Roy moved up to the Super Stock class, won the July Cup and was 3rd in the season point championships. He was 5th in points in 1969 and also ran in the U. S.
* 1970 saw him finish 6th in Late Model point. He also won the Canadian 100 Go-Kart race at Westwood.
* Following 1971 where he finished 3rd in Superstock points, Roy dropped to 11th the next year, although they won the best appearing crew award for all classes.
* 1973 saw Roy come 2nd in Super Stock points and was 3rd on the Popular Driver vote.
* 1974 - Roy was 6th in points and won the Carling
Challenge Race for Super Stocks.
* Roy won the I.D.C. Championship (Open SS) in 1978, along with winning driver of the year in I.D.C. (he won 3 races in the series, one in Victoria).
* 1979 - Limited Open SS Track Record Holder. 1980 - Speedweeks N.W. Champion (OpenSS). 1981 - Pepsi Challenge Champion and Canada 200 winner. 1983 - Canada 200 winner. 1985 - Won July Cup and Canada 200, was SS Points Champion, MISS Points Champion and held track records in both open and local SS classes. 1986 - Local SS Popints Champion, won Corby Cup and season Championship Race. 1987 - Pro Stock Champion and voted Member of the Year. 1988, 89, & 90 - Pro Stock Champion. 1993 - Winner of most Can/Am Main Events (3). - 1994 - Can/Am Late Model Champion, most Main Event wins (3) and most OTRA Main Event wins (2). 1995 - Island Super Stock Series Champion. 1996 - Late Model Super Stock Championship Race.